Skin Prep Guide
INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR COMPETITION SPRAY TAN
We do not recommend tanning beds to obtain a base color. If you choose to do so, DO NOT BURN, as you will start to peel and I will not be able to fix that part. Our solution and application technique will get you stage ready. This eliminates added expense, time and stress on your part.
If you require more than a minor touch up or decide you want an additional spray session at the venue, the price will be an additional $25‐55 depending on the initial package you chose . Please make sure you discuss with us which tanning package will be best for you, to avoid additional charges the day of the show.
DAY OF ISTRUCTIONS
1) Make a grainy paste with baking soda and shower gel (i.e. Suave Naturals). Wash and rinse well.
2) Shave and Exfoliate with LSR Sugar Scrub. * note: We prefer that shaving be done the night before, but if you must shave the day of, if you choose to use something other than LSR sugar scrub, then please make sure to wash skin with a body wash afterwards to ensure all residue from any shaving aids used is off skin.
3) DO NOT USE DEODORANT, MOISTURIZER, OILS,ETC.!!!!!
For the 6 days prior to your tanning session:
1) Gently exfoliate from head to toe at least two days during this time period with nylon exfoliating gloves, a nylon mesh cloth for your back ,baking soda and shower gel, followed by an oil free body scrub, or Liquid Sun Rayz Citrus Sugar Scrub. Do Not Use Any Bar Soaps or other commercially made scrubs! Pay special attention to your knees, elbows, hands, feet and heels. The better condition your skin is in, the better the product will absorb, the more flawless your tan will look, and you will have a more even fade after your competition. *Avoid all loofahs/loofah gloves, pads and sponges. It is also very important to moisturize daily... BUT NOT the day of your appointment!!!
2) It is suggested that you shave at least 8 hours before your spray tan, and all waxing must be completed at least 72 hours prior ‐ if you're accustomed to waxing. Otherwise, wax 7‐10 days before your spray tan appointment. You cannot shave or shower after your color is applied until after your competition.
3) DO NOT put on any make‐up, deodorant, perfume/cologne Before or After your spray tan application. These products will raise the skin's ph and turn your arm pits and body green! For men and women both, painting the finger and toenails with a clear polish will avoid staining of the nails. We will provide barrier cream for this purpose as well, which is easily wiped off after your tan application.
4) Come to us with clean, dry skin wearing dark, loose fitting clothing and flip flops. Do not wear any RED. The RED dye in cotton will tend to turn your skin GREEN!
5) An old over sized long sleeved T Shirt and over sized drawstring (non elastic) waistband style sweatpants made of cotton or silky fabrics is best because they glide over your skin and won't disrupt the development of the bronzer. Avoid stiff fabrics and tight tops that you pull OVER your head. Tops that are buttoned down, or have snaps are preferred. Do Not Wear Jeans!
6) Women can be sprayed nude due to competing in different posing suits. If you have long hair, please remember to bring a tie back to keep hair off your shoulders and neck. We will provide a cap for you to wear.
7) Men may wear something smaller than their posing suit, if being sprayed nude is uncomfortable. For the best results, it is easier for us to spray without posing trunks , therefore bring an extra sock for ‘coverage’
8) The actual spray tanning session takes about 20 minutes for the application and another 10‐ 20 minutes to complete the drying process. You will feel slightly sticky for about an hour until completely dry.
9) After your color has been applied, please plan to sleep in your loose, over sized clothing until the morning. This will eliminate any inadvertent hand marks on your body during sleep.
10) DO NOT SHOWER or put on any deodorant, perfume/cologne until AFTER your competition.
11) Competitors scheduled with LSR assume ALL risk to any hotel property, not limited to soiling of linens. (Please be respectful and bring an extra set of sheets and towels)
*If, during your spray appointment, it has been determined that you have deviated from the above skin prep recommendations without prior communication with me and, you are asked to re‐shower, you will be charged an additional $50.00 . There are NO EXCEPTIONS. This disruption causes a break down in the schedule, creates unnecessary added stress and additional product expense.
I have developed these specific skin prep instructions to ensure you receive a flawless tan for your competition. Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding these instructions.